"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Feels like Heaven! Pen & Prosper Turns Eleven



Welcome back, readers!
Thank you for including Pen & Prosper in your weekly blog stop hops.
I am honored to have you here.
Particularly in that June, 2020 marks eleven years in the blogosphere for this blogger. Yay!
And let me tell you, that's no small feat, folks.

With so many negatives manifesting this year, I believe that it becomes even more important to celebrate small victories; to stay the course; to be intentional in our efforts; to uplift one another; to keep striving for excellence. Wouldn't you agree?

This year has unfolded like no other. It's been as tough as a cheap steak.
Yesterday, (as a point of reference) I found out that a dear friend of mine had died unexpectedly.
We had been writing buddies since the '90's.

More than the loss of a good pal, his death holds for me a cautionary tale. You see, my friend Mike was a talented and gifted poet/writer. He was also somewhat of a procrastinator. We talked many times about compiling and "officially" publishing his work to share with larger audiences. He kept delaying it. Now, it saddens me to know that his eloquent and insightful pieces will never be viewed.
Please, don't let this be you. Tomorrow is not promised.

So, rather than be consumed by all the disappointments and disasters this year, I have decided to focus on the good. Which brings us here.

PEN & PROSPER CELEBRATES ITS 11TH YEAR!

Here are some fun facts as it relates to this blog 

and the creator:


  • There have been approx. 816 posts published on this site. On everything ranging from marketing, to client retention, to book reviews, to food and fun. And I'm proud to say that other than a few breaks over the summer and major holidays, I have blogged consistently, without interruption.
  • Total collective page views for Pen & Prosper to date is 671,622.
  • Pen and Prosper has been recognized as a "top blog" for writers for 8 consecutive years.
  • One of my favorite books on blogging is 62 Blog Posts to Overcome Bloggers Block, Marcie Hill.
  • My favorite time to post is around 6:00 a.m.
  • Though my passion is writing, my college degrees are actually in business.
  • My celebrity crushes are: Keanu Reeves, LaRoyce Hawkins (of Chicago P.D.), Michael Ealy and Kelsey Grammer (Frasier Crane). 
  • My favorite color is black.
  • If I weren't a writer, I would love to be a celebrity chef.
  • My mom guilted me into becoming a "published" writer.
  • Beethoven brings me to tears.
  • I have a fear of flying.
  • My current works in progress are a poetry book and recipe book for creatives.
I hope this brings all my readers up to speed and helps you to know the "woman behind the words" a bit better.

In closing 

I would like to thank each of you for your time, readership, confidence, friendship, suggestions and many contributions to the success of this blog.
I couldn't do it without you!

Until next time...

Warmly,
Jen


 Image credits:
Pixabay.com

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blogging anniversary. Eleven years is impressive!
    Keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ingmar! Definitely appreciate your ongoing support.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on this terrific milestone! It's a blessing to be part of your blogging family. :) You've shared so much with us, and enriched our lives, career and otherwise. Wishing you many, many more years of amazing success! Thanks for sharing your life and heart with us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen,
    Readers like you make it worth it. Sending virtual hugs your way today. :-) Love ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your blogging annversary. I am sorry for the loss of your writing friend. Peace and blessings, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cecelia,
    Thanks so kindly. Always a pleasure to hear from you, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen,
    Congratulations on your eleventh blogging anniversary! What a wonderful milestone! I always enjoy your creative and enriching works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Deb! You're a great supporter. :-)
      Take care.

      Delete
  7. I always find a gem at your blog. You know your stuff, and you have been generous over the years. Congratulations on 11 years. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lin,
    Comments like yours keep me going. Keep 'em coming! :-)
    Thanks, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember when you told me you caught the blogging bug and couldn't shake it. It's 11 years later and you still got it. Congratulations!!

    Thank you for sharing your knowledge, experience and insights in creative ways to your audience. And thank you for including my book in your post and ALL of your support. #yourock

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marcie,
    Thanks so much for adding to the mix here. Always glad to help, "Shorty." :-)

    ReplyDelete