In my mind, there's never really a bad time to celebrate chocolate. Am I right here, readers? :-)
In fact, chocolate and writers just go together. For many of us, it's the ultimate in "comfort food".
It's as synonymous with scribes as donuts are with cops. :-)
Interestingly enough, while doing research for writing ideas, I stumbled across some "trivia" that I thought was pretty sweet. Did you know that there is such a thing as National Chocolate Week?
Yep. There really is. It's actually celebrated in the U.K. October 16th-October 22nd.
There are shows, events, tastings, and a whole lot of fun happenings.
So, I thought I'd take the opportunity to celebrate it here at Pen and Prosper, with "I'm Sweet on Chocolate" writing contest!
Here's your "mission," if you should choose to accept it:
1. All entries must be original and unpublished.
2. Send me a slogan, quote or poem that has to do with writers and chocolate.
3. Word count can not exceed 112 words, (let's keep things interesting, shall we?)
4. Submissions can be entered as "comments" through the Pen and Prosper site, or they can be emailed to me at Gemsjen@yahoo.com embedded in an email. Please, no attachments.
5. I will choose three winners from entries received.
6. No entry fee required.
Prizes? Bragging rights. A badge to place on your site. And some form of chocolate mailed to you. It could be a book of chocolate recipes, or a chocolate certificate, or real chocolate! More details to follow...
Oh yeah...the deadline is October 22nd (in America...not in the U.K.).:-)
1). Chocolate produces serotonin, which reduces sensitivity to pain and promotes a feeling of well-being.
2). An organic molecule in chocolate can help strengthen tooth enamel, according to research from Tulane University.
3). 87% of men consume chocolate, as compared to 91% of women.
4). Every Russian mission and American voyage has included chocolate bars.
5). Dark chocolate contains flavanoids, which is said to lower blood pressure.
6). The biggest bar of chocolate ever made weighed 5000 pounds!