Glad to have you here. Glad to have you here particularly for this important anniversary celebration! Not to boast, but anyone who has been a blogger for any length of time can appreciate how much hard work and dedication goes into producing a successful blog---week after week, month after month, year after year.
Choosing topics, writing posts, scheduling guest posts, scouting for images, responding to comments from readers; it's a tall order, my friends.
In fact, many start and quit. Over the years I have sadly said goodbye to many of my blogging buddies along the way.
A New York Times article shares the following: " According to a 2008 survey by Technorati, which runs a search engine for blogs, only 7.4 million out of the 133 million blogs the company tracks had been updated in the past 120 days. That translates to 95 percent of blogs being essentially abandoned, left to lie fallow on the Web."
Here are some common reasons many abandon their blogs:
- Low readership and engagements levels
- Not enough return on investment (R.O.I.) in other words--too much work for too little return
- Competing personal demands
- Compensation/monetization is low
- Pen & Prosper has received over 740,000 page views to date.
- There have been 878 posts, with over 8000 comments collectively.
- Pen & Prosper has been honored as a "Top Writing Blog" for almost 10 of its 13 years.
- My efforts have been enhanced by many great guest post bloggers; including the famous author of War of the Roses, Warren Adler.
- When I'm not blogging here, I love writing for other sites, cooking, reading and music.