"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Monday, November 9, 2020

What's on Your Writer's Bucket List for the Future?

 


There's no denying it. The ushering in of the global pandemic in 2020 has caused a paradigm shift in how we view our mortality. The sobering, daily death stats serve as a constant reminder that tomorrow is not promised to anyone. 

Hello?

I certainly don't want to be a "Debbie Downer" here; I'm merely providing a reality check. For me, the current climate has created a greater sense of urgency for my "to-do" list and a need to re-align my priorities. 

Accordingly, a couple of months ago I actually stumbled across and purchased a beautiful, hard-cover,  beige " My Bucket List Journal." It includes an ample supply of lined pages with guiding questions to chronicle my experiences such as:

  • What did I do?
  • How did it make me feel?
  • Who was I with?
  • Why is it on my bucket list? 
It allows for 100 items to be identified.
Each page is punctuated with this sage quote: "Every man dies, not every man really lives."

---William Ross Wallace 

In the spirit of sharing, (before I reveal some of my bucket list items) I want to provide you with a link to the website of Journalsunlimited.com, (the creator of this journal).They have one of the most extensive and creative lines of journals I've ever seen. They even offer a "Beer Journal." Who knew?

I'm not a beer drinker, but I was thinking that it might make a great gift for a friend for the holidays. Sweet!

Explore their inventory here:

https://journalsunlimited.com/shop/product-category/write-it-down-series/


HERE ARE A FEW OF MY WRITING BUCKET LIST ITEMS TO DATE:

  • To interview a few of my favorite celebrities and noteworthy individuals including but not limited to: Martha Stewart; Robert Townsend; and Dr. Phil
  • To publish two non-fiction books with a traditional publisher
  • To publish my poetry chapbook by 2021 via a traditional publisher
  • To be published in Writers Digest or Poets & Writers Magazine
  • To secure another relationship column (or emotional intelligence column) with a print or online publication
  • To partner with other bloggers on some creative projects to expand our reach
  • To expand my client base
  • To become more socially media savvy
  • To have a book on the "best seller's list"
A girl can dream, can't she?

Now, I open the "floor" to your comments.
What's on your writing bucket list? Do you even have one? Do share. 

Thanks for reading.

Image credits: Pixabay.com

2 comments:

  1. Appreciate the link to the journal site, Jen. Will be checking it out! You are right, we aren't promised tomorrow, and our days are all numbered by our Creator. Sobering thought, and yet, it can be invigorating too as we realize we were created for a purpose. I want to walk in that purpose!

    As for a bucket list, I'd have to give that some thought writing wise. Would like to be published in Writer's Digest too, actually, and wouldn't mind a fiction and non fiction book published traditionally. Otherwise, I've always wanted to travel the US and particular spots overseas, like Italy and England. But with the global happenings, those goals have taken a backseat. Now I'd be happy to grab a long weekend in TN. lol In the meantime, looking to be content with home and family, and so many blessings at my fingertips. Thanks for sharing, Jen. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,

    Trust me. You're gonna love those journals! And I think that Writer's Digest is a targeted publication for many scribes.
    Though I suppose it would probably increase my odds for publication if I ever get around to sending stuff in, huh? LoL

    Thanks dear, for your ongoing support and comments.

    ReplyDelete