"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Motivational Quotes to Inspire, Enrich & Inform!


Are you seeking a clever intro to a personal essay?  A creative prompt that helps to break through writer's block?
The right words to capture a teachable moment?

Quotes are key. Quotes can educate, entertain and empower.

With this in mind, today I'll share a few here to move you forward, make you think and hopefully motivate you.
Feel free to add your own favorites in the comments section.

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO NOTE...

 
"Your capacity to say no determines your capacity to say yes to greater things."
--E. STANLEY JONES
 
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
--ABRAHAM LINCOLN
 
"He will not let your foot slip--he who watches over you will not slumber."
--PSALM 121:3
 
"One person can make a difference and everyone should try." 
-- JOHN F. KENNEDY

"If you can not do great things, do smart things in a great way."
 
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value."
 
 
"If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission."
 
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna' get."
--THE MOVIE FORREST GUMP

"Be like the birds--sing after every storm."

"Don't be frustrated by your inexperience--all green things inevitably grow."

"Handle them carefully, for words have more power than atomic bombs."

"Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: "I am with you kid. Let's go."
--MAYA ANGELOU

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
--GALATIANS 6:9


A penny for your thoughts.
Do you have a fave?

Thanks for reading.

Image credits: Jane Nannono

7 comments:

  1. Great quotes.

    One of my favorite sayings is "Don't talk about it; be about it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great quote. And one that more folks need to embrace. Good to reconnect with you.

      Delete
  2. I like them all, but Jones' quote resonates more lately. And of course, you can't go wrong with the Psalms. Appreciate the inspiration! Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks much, Karen. I appreciate your time and feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to share this best blog with us. It contain such a best information. photographia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, thank you for these inspiring and motivating quotes. I sent a comment about them two weeks ago but it did not register on the page. We all need some encouragement to move forward with hope. My favourite among them was the one about the capacity to say NO by E. Stanley Jones. I also covered it in one post on my blog last year to help people find the liberating effect of learning to say No.To stop playing along to get along. It may be difficult at times to say No but you have to do it for your own good to create space and time to say YES to greater things. Extremely empowering!
    Since I picked up writing as my second career , I have found this traditional quote very inspiring:" Rome wasn't built in a day but they were laying bricks every hour."- playwright John Heywood.
    It consistently reminds me of the power of CONSISTENCY as writer. Writing regularly for a few hours a day will finally add up to a full manuscript in your hands!
    Jennifer I am thrilled that you chose to use my images in this post and acknowledge me for them. I have always been an amateur photographer and seeing images from my simple collection included in your post made me feel good. I shall keep at it.
    Thank you.
    JANE NANNONO

    ReplyDelete