"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Announcements:This Just in...!




Greetings, Pen and Prosper readers,

As with many of you, the ushering in of spring has also "ushered" in an array of things to be added to my "to-do" list.  Clients' projects, yard work, spring cleaning and purging, yada, yada, yada. :-)
With this being the case, I'll keep today's post brief but substantive.
I'd love to hear from you in the comments section, to get your thoughts, as always.

Now, here's the 4-1-1...

  • A special thanks to each of you for your readership and ongoing support. I am happy to announce that Pen and Prosper has now reached over a quarter of a million pageviews! Yay! If you've been checking out the goods here, I hope you'll become a valued member of my "community" by joining through Google's Friend Connect, or subscribing to my email updates.  A special "shout out" to all my new followers! Welcome! It's great to have you here.
  • It's not too late to participate in this month's National Poetry Celebration. For more info and opportunities, be sure to check out  www.Poets.org.
  • There's an interesting Call for Submissions for an anthology about music. Do you have a story, poem, or creative piece that addresses how music sings to your soul? Or an engaging tale about the role music has played in an important life's event? Stories of Music will pay $200.00 to  selected contributors for a book project that is slated to be published in fall of 2015.  Sounds like "music to my ears!" Here's the scoop at Stories of Music
  • On April 17th, I am happy to announce that I am being featured in a guest post at Women on Writing. If time permits, please stop by and check it out. Have a short piece of 500 words or less, that deals with the writing life? W.O.W. would love to share your wisdom, creative experience, techniques and helpful tips with their reading audience. Each Friday, they publish writers from various genres in their "Speak Out" section. Visit W.O.W. for additional details.
  • I'm "Tweet on you!" I have re-joined Twitter, after a brief hiatus. If you enjoy my work here, I hope you'll continue to "follow" me on my writing journey via Twitter, where I'll share great links on writing, food, fun projects, creative gigs, and my various passions. Connect @Penandprosper1. Hope to see you there!
  • Jen will be "out of the building" for a brief break. I'll see you back here on or around April 27th. Please feel free to leave comments in the interim. It's always good to hear from you!
...Until next time, have a blessed time!

Warmly,
Jen


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your good news, Jen! Thanks so much for the info about the anthology; will check into it. Enjoy your break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen. I appreciate your feedback. Good luck with the anthology! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just in from another reader via Email:

    "Thanks, Jennifer.
    I hope I can return the favour soon!"

    Best,
    Devyani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer--Thanks for the information about the music anthology. I will work on a submission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the best for my "Peeps!" :-) Sounds like a fun project; I already sent in a few poems. Good luck, Sioux!

      Delete