"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Announcements...


Happy August, everyone!
It won't be long before my favorite season is ushered in--with a slower pace, more tranquil times, and an array of herbal teas and assorted hot chocolates to round out my writing routine. Yay!

This post will be short and sweet today.

Here is Tuesday's 4-1-1.

I recently discovered, (by a random Google) that I am featured in this year's 2014 Writer's Market. Yep. On pages 57 and 58, there is an interview where I provide my advice and experience on marketing reprints. I was doing the "happy dance" over here on this one! A special thanks to Sue Bradford Edwards, for conducting the interview.

Congratulations to my blogging buddy, Sue Sundwall, for the release of her new mystery, "The Super bar Incident."  See what the "buzz" is about by visiting Amazon.com.

Working Writers, a publication "For people who write, by people who write" is seeking submissions. And here's a bonus: they even accept reprints. Check out their guidelines here
 http://www.workingwriter1.com/guidelines.html.

August is Art Appreciation Month. For bloggers and writers, this provides a great opportunity to do a profile piece on an artist whose work has inspired you, or a poem that captures a significant piece of art or style of expression you enjoy. Or why not visit a local art gallery and report on your observations? Be creative!



Jen will be "out of the building" from August 6th-August 22nd for a blog vacation.
Feel free to peruse the archives and leave comments; I'll be checking in periodically, and always love to know that you've stopped by.

Have a great week, and thanks for reading! You're the best!








8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your publication in Writer's Market! and thanks for mentioning the Season, because it helped remind me to - Market - some of my own 'Reprints' (or in this case 'Blogpost Reprints')

    Because with writing my recent (Summer Time) Last Months 'Round Up post - while you can already read some specific Summer-writing related posts - I realized that I could use a little more of those, and Re-purposed one of my previous posts into a post about '(Vacation) Greeting Card Writing'

    And with also having a Travel - and a Photography Blog, more Summer related upcoming posts to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for connecting here, H.P.
      Keep us posted on your progress.

      Delete
  3. Congrats to you and to Sue! Love hearing happy news about some of my favorite writer friends. :)

    Thanks so much for the link for submissions. Will check it out. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a pleasure to have you visit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Jen! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete