Friday, December 3, 2010
What Are Your Writing Goals for 2011?
Wow, where has the year gone, right?
Though it seems like a flash, this year will be over in a few weeks, folks.
And you know what that means...time for New Year's resolutions.
I don't know about you, but for me, 2010 has been one of my best writing years yet!
I've landed some major blogging and writing gigs
Met and made some great new writing buddies
Improved my technical savvy (though there's "miles to go before I rest")
I've had several people to request interviews with me
Garnered a few blogging "recognitions"
Current editors, publishers and clients have been a joy to work with
Coffeehouse project has been awesome
My words and works have actually appeared in some traditionally published books by other authors....
And I'm so geeked and optimistic about what the new days ahead could mean on many levels! I feel tremendously blessed.
How about you?
Since I've always been one to plan in advance, here are my creative goals for 2011.
1. To do more guest posting on prominent blogs
2. To contribute to or start my own anthology
3. Seek an agent for my relationship book
4. Land more paid columns
5. To hone my craft and increase my cash
6. To increase my Google "PR" ranking
7. Write and publish more of my poetry
8. Win a blogging award---preferably Writer's Digest
What are your creative goals for the upcoming year? C'mon and put them out into the universe! Do tell...you know you wanna'. :-)
Image: graur razvan ionut