"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Life's Simple Pleasures--What makes you feel "rich"?


By all other accounts, it was a dreary day in the big city.
It rained for a good part of the day, which required a "plan B" for my previously scheduled "Poetry on the Patio" and birthday event that I host (somewhat annually) for my poetry group, writers and friends.

Despite the weather, (much to my surprise), folks showed up in fierce numbers, and I decided to move the get-together to my basement instead of my backyard.
Wow, what a good time!

Wish you were there.:-)
We had fried chicken, hot wings, salads, dips and chips, cookies, candies, assorted drinks, too much stuff to mention, and too many calories to count!
We shared laughter, good music, warm vibes, stimulating conversation, hugs, mutual respect and love. I got some groovy gifts and great cards too.
And did I mention cash?

It doesn't get much better than that!
Which got me to thinking...
As I celebrate another year of existence, I feel so blessed. Or as church folk would say, "highly favored." :-)

I love my writing, my lifestyle, my family and my "inner circle."
And even on days when I'm limited to Ramen Noodles to meet my financial goals, I still feel RICH.
How about you?
What makes you feel rich?
What do you like most about your life as a writer?


Image: Michelle Meiklejohn

4 comments:

  1. Ya, I also feel rich when such simple pleasures 'accumulate' in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Brown BanksJune 13, 2010 at 9:23 AM

    Thanks, Shiirazi for sharing your thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Glad things worked out so nicely. As I've gotten older, I've learned to relax more and savor time with family and friends. I do feel rich, and humbled too, because I am highly favored. I didn't do anything to deserve it, but yet there it is. What a treasure. Thanks for sharing and encouraging, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Karen. I truly treasure my many "memorable moments." Thanks be to God.;-)

    ReplyDelete