As we bring closure to another week, I wanted to share a few resources, courses, and info of potential interest, to move you forward in your creative goals. Please share anything that you have going on in the comments section as well.
- COFFEEHOUSE FOR WRITERS---Is slated to re-open its doors, the 1st week of May. Whether your goal is to start a Blog, finish a novel, pen your memoir, or make the transition to full-time freelancing, you'll find an array of affordable, quality online offerings. Since 1999, Coffeehouse for Writers has helped writers of all levels and genres to earn more and learn more. And here's a bonus: Pen and Prosper readers who register for classes by April 27th, can save $10.00 on one class, $20.00 on two or more classes total. The site is still under construction, but early-bird registrations are being accepted. Act soon, as some classes limit the number of students accepted for each session.
1. Visit Coffeehouse for Writers and check out the line-up of fun, information-packed courses scheduled for our upcoming session.
2. Select your choices.
3. Send your PayPal payment to: Gemsjen@yahoo.com
deduct $10.00 or $20.00 (as applicable).
4. In the narrative indicate the title and starting date you would like. Since the classes are online, you can take them at your pace, in your place. It's flexible. Easy peasy. If you have questions, feel free to connect with me at Gemsjen@yahoo.com.
- WRITERS WEEKLY---Is seeking your success stories of around 400 words, on writing tips, marketing strategies, how you landed a client, a book deal, etc. payment is $40.00 upon acceptance. See details here: http://writersweekly.com/writersweekly-com-writers-guidelines
- VERBOLATRY---Is sponsoring a fun contest that could have you laughing all the way to the bank.
Here's the 4-1-1:
Verbolatry Laugh-a-Riot Contest 2016*
Send us your funnies about writing, and win £100!
Entries are now being accepted for the Verbolatry Laugh-a-Riot
Contest. Humorous essays and cartoons about writing/publishing.
Deadline 31 August 2016. Two categories, free and paid, with cash
prizes and publication. Results announced October 2016. Sponsored by
Anam Cara Writer's and Artist's Retreat. Details at
- THE WORK ONLINE BLOG---Accepts guest posts related to career advice for entrepreneurs and listicles on business and marketing. For more details, check out their guidelines below:
- IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO CELEBRATE---National Poetry Month ends in another week, but there's still time to get in on the activities. Why not post a poem on your blog? Or review a poetry book and post it on Amazon. You could even do a profile piece on your favorite poet and how his/her work has impacted you. Use your imagination here.
- PEN AND PROSPER---Will be on a brief break until May 9th. Join me when I return, for more opportunities to learn more, earn more, and enhance your writing life!
Have a great week ahead, folks.