Aside from the frigid weather in the big city, I love January.
The beginning of the year holds so much potential. It's new, unexplored, and magical. Like a budding relationship, it fills us with renewed hope.
Still, with all its allure, the best way to position ourselves for success, and stay positive in the months ahead, is to plan early on to be awesome!
To be intentional in our efforts.
You do realize that "Lady Luck" can be fickle, right?
With this in mind, strategy becomes integral.
Whether your goal is to build a better blog, increase your reach, publish that book that's been hiding under your bed, or ascend greater heights, here are some timely tips to make it happen!
Explore these 16 tips to "one-up" last year, for a bigger, better year in 2016!
- Speak your own personal truths. Lately there's been a big buzz around Hollywood and the Oscars. Will and Jada Pinkett are reportedly boycotting the event this year, due to a lack of diversity. How will you use your "platform" to highlight an important social cause or passion project? Decide. Then deliver. You don't have to be a "star" to shed some light.
- Recognize that consistency counts. Remember the "Rule of 72."
- Learn a new skill. For bloggers, often photography and content management systems knowledge rounds out a resume and adds real value.
- Build your brand. Consider getting a professional logo for your site.
- Read outside your niche to expand your knowledge base.
- Study the competition.
- Identify your U.S.P. (Unique selling proposition).
- Develop systems to support your goals.
- Guest post on prominent Blogs.
- Get a Blog Audit. It will help you to view your Blog from a more objective, realistic perspective. And you'll make more money. Contact me at Gemsjen@yahoo.com for details.
- Enter contests to stretch your creative muscles and garner greater exposure. Fanstory.com offers dozens of fun, monthly contests for writers of different levels and genres.
- "Feel the fear and do it anyway."
- Treat your Blog like a business.
- Find a mentor.
- Stay focused.
- Don't let your ego get in the way of your excellence.
Thoughts? How will you be more awesome in 2016?
Image credit: Freedigitalphotos.net