And though we may be deemed the "weaker sex" women are indeed a force to be reckoned with. We are caretakers, "help mates", political decision makers, noted authors, entertainment icons and more.
Which is why I am tickled "pink" to honor Women's History Month in March.
Here are a few interesting tidbits you should know:
- Women's History Month was established by Congress in 1987 to recognize the collective contributions and historical impact of women through events, programs, and awareness activities.
- Women's History Month actually evolved from Women's History Week, which was expanded previously from 1981.
- According to statistics provided by www.Census.gov, over 200,000 females are among the active duty ranks in the military as of November, 2012.
- Median annual income is slightly over 37,000 for full-time work in 2011.
- 30.1% of women 25 years of age and older have acquired Bachelor's degrees or higher as of 2011.
And I invite you to join me in recognizing and embracing our awesome-ness!
Throughout this month, I will be featuring guest posts by bodacious female bloggers, sharing interviews, book reviews and more!
Whether you'd like to share a poem of empowerment, give tips on how to juggle a writing career and a family, or provide a motivational quote to move us forward, I'd love to hear from you.
Leave a comment here on the Blog, or contact me at Gemsjen@yahoo.com.
And as always, thanks for your readership and support--whether you're fabulously female or marvelously male. :-)