Monday, September 20, 2010
Roses and Thorns...
Where do I begin?
It's been an interesting month, folks. One of many peaks and valleys.
First off, I'm glad to be back on the scene and reconnected with each and every one of you. :-) Due to a nasty virus on my laptop, I was out of commission for awhile.
But, now I'm back on track!
Here's the lowdown on what's been happening in my corner of the world.
1. Recently I was honored to have been asked to serve as a guest speaker at the MENSA organization's conference scheduled in my area in October. For those who may be unfamiliar, MENSA is an organization of beautifully brilliant people with above average I.Q.s. Unfortunately, due to transportation issues and a few logistics, I had to decline. But, hey, that was a real cool invitation just the same.
2. After months of targeting the same publication and being rejected, I finally, finally, got an acceptance! YAY! Never underestimate the importance of confidence and persistence. :-)
3. Being Single Magazine, of which I am a staff writer, (for more than a decade) is now online. It's a great read, regardless as to your marital status.
4. My followers are becoming fierce in numbers! Thanks to all of you. I really dig and appreciate your support!
1. As mentioned before, I've had a heck of a time with computer troubles, which made me realize a few things. First, that I really have grown quite attached to this thing! Second, technology makes us as writers very vulnerable. True? I was on pen and needles hoping that my files could be restored. Some were very important, and could not be duplicated. But, thus far, all is well...praise be to God! Lesson learned---back up your files pronto! And invest in a good virus protection program.
2. This year is going by so quickly I can hardly believe it. The crazy weather is taking its toll on my allergies,and my sleep patterns. Not to mention, I have yet to finish my rose garden in my back yard.
Well, that's it folks. How about you? Any roses and thorns lately?