"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Desperately Seeking Mothers or Mother-Related Stories



Though I don't write about her often, my mom has made a tremendous impact on who I am as a woman. Over the years, she has been my biggest fan and my biggest critic. She instilled in me a love for learning, self-love and adherence to the "Golden Rule".

She has a marvelous sense of humor, (loves to play practical jokes, still) and serves as my consultant and "go-to-guru" on just about everything.

She was/is a woman of excellence. She never accepted mediocrity from herself nor her kids. For me, she set the bar high! In fact, it was her who discovered and encouraged my writing ability as a shy, reluctant teenager.
As a popular song says, "I'll always love my mama."
And I thank God up above that she still lives. :-)

Mothers.
Where would any of us be without them? Their prodding, their prayers, their direction, their legacy...

In honor of Mother's Day, (next week), I'd like to open this forum for poems, tributes, essays, quotes, comments, or anything creative from friends and followers.
Give your mom the "15 minutes of fame" she deserves here at Pen and Prosper.
I look forward to sharing your experiences and your love...

2 comments:

  1. I am fortunate to be able to live near my mom. I have always followed her around - even on cross-country moves! We're very different, but she is my rock. When my life crumbled a couple of years ago, I moved back in with her for a little while and she was there for me through a tough, lonely pregnancy.

    Even though we have wanted to strangle each other at times, we would much rather experience life together. I'm happy that I can say that about my mom, since I know that not many people can. I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Brown BanksMay 3, 2010 at 4:00 AM

    Tia,

    I can dig where you're coming from--the same here.:-) My mom and I are very different, but yet the same.

    Where would we be without them?

    So glad that you survived a tough pregnancy and have emerged strong and wise. Be blessed.

    I appreciate your sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete