"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

A Book Review* From Crook to Cook by Snoop Dogg

 

Snoop Dogg really brings the "heat" with this fun, fierce cookbook with platinum recipes from every corner and every culture that he has created in his own kitchen. As most of you who have followed my blog on the regular might remember, I am a true foodie through and through.

I love to cook, entertain friends, and I love to eat. Matter of fact, one of my hobbies as well is collecting cookbooks. And my kitchen cookbook library is indeed impressive.

Anyway, I digress here. But, this book? This cookbook has fast become one of my favorites. To quote Snoop: "It's off the hizzle fo' shizzle" my peeps!

When it arrived courtesy of Amazon this week, I was geeked. Even before the big reveal. And trust me, it did not disappoint. It is beautifully designed with a rich black and gold cover, eye-appealing photos, and boasting pages of bright colors.



Also worth noting is the fact that the book is generous in terms of its assortment of eclectic recipes and page count. There are about 190 pages, divided into six chapters: breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, drinks, and parties.

All the recipes are family friendly and range from the silly (fried bologna sandwiches) to the sensational ( mixed cocktails and Thanksgiving meals).

The icing here, are all the interesting stories surrounding his travels and happenings from the hood. And recommendations of his favorite snacks when he has a munchies attack, ya' dig?

I would give this cookbook **** stars out of 5. Definitely an exciting, inviting read. Even as a collectible or as a conversation piece for your next party!

And with the Memorial Day holiday just ahead, you could be a big hit.

I'm just sayin'! Thanks for reading. And have a great, fun Memorial weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a real treat - literally! I’m sure these recipes will add personality to your parties. :) Thanks for the review, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate your time and comment, Karen. Hey, I figure if Martha Stewart can endorse him, I can endorse his worthy book. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete