"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Rediscovering Lost Loves ...


Lately, I've been re-discovering lost loves. You know: the simple things that make your soul sing.Things that give you peace...make you pause. Pleasures that don't require a lot of money or resources.
Perhaps it's the slower pace of the fall season. Or the reflective nature of getting older and the desire to live a life of greater meaning and better choices.

It's a timeline and journey that began with my brother's unexpected death. Since then, each month, year, each opportunity I can, I try to simplify and modify, so that I have fewer regrets and more memories worth cherishing.

Taking baby steps. The other day, while going through my vast music collection, I stumbled upon one of my former "loves".  A Norah Jones  CD. Her "Feels like home" feels like heaven!
Norah's music is soothing, sultry, transformative. It's like music therapy.


My passion for music has also inspired me recently to perform karaoke as a co-host of a local event.
(Incidentally, it's the same one that I initially bombed at. Remember?)

In September, I started writing commentary for a local magazine; which believe it or not, I found on Craigslist.
Adding to this list is a poetry collection (and a possible cookbook). I hope to have these projects completed by the end of this year.

The moral of the story here? The purpose of today's post?
In continuing my journey of re-discovering lost loves and pursuing new paths, the posting schedule at Pen and Prosper will change.

Effective November, 2019 (until further notice) I will update maybe once or twice a month.
During this time, I will be monitoring blog comments; the level of engagement; the number of page views; to determine our future journey here.

For in the words of Plato:"The unexamined life is not worth living."
Thanks for reading.

Your turn.

Thoughts? Any Norah Jones fans out there?
What lost loves are you re-discovering these days?
How do you feel about the new schedule?


Image credits: Pixabay.com
CD cover: Amazon.com





5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new projects.
    Twice a month is better than nothing.
    Still, we will miss you, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingmar,
    Everytime I hear from you it reminds me of why I miss you when I don't hear from you. Thanks so kindly, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I enjoyed your recent post on your blog about the Joker movie; it was well done. Though I have yet to view the movie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog has been of great value. Exploring other avenues to success is what makes you successful. Best wishes in whatever it is that makes your light shine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Lin. Your support has meant much. I'll keep you posted, hon.

    ReplyDelete