With so much sports saturating the airwaves these days, my mind naturally focused on an athletic analogy, for today's post.
It's October. We're in the final inning of the freelance "game" for this year.
What will you do to score more? To produce more work? Garner more clients? Pen that novel you've been promising? To get on board with guest blogging?
For each of us, the game plan will be different. As they say: "A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
Here are a few of my "11th hour" undertakings and short-term goals for 2013:
- I decided to submit a few pieces to the Chicken Soup anthology. Yet again, (sigh). Keep your fingers crossed.
- I've purchased an excellent reference guide (The Best of the Magazine Markets for Writers for 2010-2011), to identify potential leads and to broaden writing opportunities. Stay tuned for the backstory behind how this purchase also landed a new client the same day!
- Will attempt to craft a query or two to land in some of the more prominent writers' magazines.
- Got another subscription to Writers Digest publication, to keep up with what's going on in the industry.
- Am focusing on landing an agent for two book ideas for publication for 2014. Note: if you are an agent reading my blog, please have your people contact my people. :-)
- Would love to work with more new clients on creating blogs, assisting in virtual tours, and marketing strategies. On the hunt...
What will you do differently by year end, for greater success in 2014? Do tell.