"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Drum Roll, Please...Pen & Prosper Announces the Winners of "I'm Sweet on Chocolate"


Happy Thursday, readers. I hope you've had a prolific, interesting, and fun writing week.
I 've been busy and blessed. New assignments, old challenges, and connecting with potential clients.

As many of you know, we recently had a contest here, that challenged writers to come up with a poem, slogan or story that describes their love of chocolate, in honor of National Chocolate week.
Many of you did. And I thank each of you.

I'm happy to announce...after cogitating, meditating, and deliberating, the winners have been finally chosen.
The top 3 winners were selected based upon creativity, originality, and adherence to the contest's guidelines.
So, here they are. This was tough choosing, folks.

                                                 Congratulations to the following winners!   
1ST PLACE---"WRITER'S INSPIRATION" BY LINDA O'CONNELL
2ND PLACE---"WHAT BROWN DOES" BY JEREMIE GUY 
3RD PLACE---"A CHOCOLATE SONNET" BY YASMIN MORAIS


Please join me in congratulating them!

Winners: To claim your prizes, please contact me at Gemsjen@yahoo.com, along with your mailing address and contact info.
Prizes to be awarded in November.

I hope to have a few more contests in the near future...stay tuned. Enjoy your week.


JEN


Image credit:
 Freedigitalphotos.net





12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, OMG! OMG! Thank you. How very exciting. I have been eating chocolate ever since I submitted that little ditty. Last night I pulverized a bag of Very Berry Oreos and mixed with cream cheese, then rolled into balls and dipped in melted Ghiradellis, then froze them. Scrumptious! Also can use a HiHo cracker for a base. You see, chocolate and I are best friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer Brown BanksOctober 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM

      Linda,

      You are welcome! It was tough, but you definitely have a way with words. "Go-Diva!" :-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to the winners! Fun contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, You are a Dynamo! Congrats. Jennifer - Can't wait for the next one. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,

      Linda is a dynamo, right?! :-) I enjoyed you entry as well--very clever. Thanks for adding to the mix here.
      Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  4. Jennifer,

    Wow! Thanks. Congratulations too to Linda, Jeremy and all the others who entered. This was such a fun contest. Made me realize how many other chocoholic followers like myself at Pen and Prosper. Writers and chocolate do go together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer Brown BanksOctober 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM

      Yasmin,

      Glad you're glad. :-) Thanks so much, not just for your contest support, but your loyal following (and comments) as well. :-)

      Delete
  5. Congratulation winners,

    In a Comment on your Chocolate Contest post, besides writing about Greeting Cards & Slogans, I wrote about how I like the idea of such Contests, because it's Fun and it can help generate Curiousity, and build up Anticipation.

    I also have been thinking about possible extra way's for building Curiousity & Anticipation on my own blog(s), and thought about possibly doing something like a 'Your Blogging & Affiliate Marketing Questions Answered'- Column or something like that.

    A Column where you can Ask Questions, and where both Readers and Me can help answer them. Any Winners out there that have ideas about how I could - Win - the attention of more writer's on my Blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer Brown BanksOctober 27, 2012 at 6:30 AM

    Hi H.P.,

    That sounds like a good start. Also, Trivia Contests work well.
    If you do initiate it, please make sure to let me know. I may have a question or two myself. :-) Thanks so much for your time and input.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't yet have any actual ideas for things like Trivia Contests, however, since I have been blogging for a while now, and do know some things about building Marketing Campaigns and doing Affiliate Marketing....,

      I did recently write a new post Asking if you might have any Questions about Blogging & Affiliate Marketing that I might be able to answer, or to research for you.

      Than (Possibly with the help of any of the readers) I might be able to Answer such Questions, and would be able to write new posts for you providing you with some of the Answers, possibly making such new posts anticipating and interesting to read.

      'Talking about anticipating
      and interesting to read...,'


      I already did make somewhat of a headstart, since on the - FAQ page - you already can discover some 'Pre-made' Answers to Questions.

      Delete