Saturday, January 1, 2011
The Top Ten in 2010!
As we bid farewell to 2010, I felt it only fitting for me to highlight some of the best blogs I've discovered along the way that have enhanced my blogging knowledge, entertained, and provided a great blogging experience.
Some I stumbled upon through "Blog rolls" on other sites, others through guest posts, and even some through random research.
Among them are "former favorites" as well as new. They're in different niches with various themes. What they have in common is that they stand out in the blogosphere and provide great take-away value for your time.
Have I ever steered you wrong? :-)
This list has also been assembled to give credit to those deserving of recognition that don't make your typical "Top 10" round-up reflected at popular sites.
Here they are in no particular order:
1. Alternaview.com---Topping the list is an oldie but goodie. The reasons? Compelling content. Consistently. Attractive design and a great level of interaction and interesting dialogue.
2. Diary of a Mad Freelancer---Princess is funny, fearless and a valuable resource on the writers' scene. Whether she's addressing social media strategies, creative how-tos, or providing her two cents on an array of issues, she'll engage you in an entertaining fashion and keep you coming back for more.
3. Working Writers and Bloggers---Great resource for writers and bloggers seeking to take their craft to a new level. Easy to navigate, with great info on how to operate like a "true" business person. Truly.
4. Mrselfdevelopment.com---This gem was discovered later in the year, but makes it no less valuable in the line-up. It's simply brilliant and effortless to read. OMG! Topics range from relationships, to motivation, to self improvement. Be sure to check out the post entitled, " The three signs of a good man". Read it even if you're a man. You'll be head-nodding and smiling.
5. Discovering Purpose---The name speaks for itself, and the content backs it up. A must-read for enlightened living.
6. Blogging Bookshelf---I love Tristan's unique style and use of metaphors. And you will too. This is his second time at Pen and Prosper's "best" listing.
7. Girls Write Out---What a terrific, catchy title, to start off with!
Here you'll find a group of women with different voices and views that almost operate along the same lines as the TV show, "The view"---except they're writers.
Five writers of different genres pen thoughts on fiction, fun and friendship. Cup of coffee optional. :-)
8. Ghost Writing Revealed---Ghost writing is a popular choice as a creative avenue for a growing number of writers today. Consult this blog for the 5Ws of the business, in addition to the support and exchange of ideas.
9. Write With Me---This is a collective writing project that's really neat and fun! Carolina, the author of the blog, asks readers to contribute lines to expand her ongoing story and developing novel. And I must admit it's a novel idea!
10. The Writing Business---Stacey, an interior designer, has really designed a spot that's attractive, with postings that are well written and reflective of what it's like to be a writer "in the thick of things". Join her on her journey.
That's it for the best of the best for 2010. I hope you've enjoyed it.
Please let me know if you value these types of postings, or whether you might have any interesting "finds" to add to my ongoing list. And who knows, next month it could be you!
Image: graur razvan ionut