"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Thursday, June 18, 2009

To TWITTER or not to TWITTER...?

So lately I've been getting a lot of requests to "be friends" and connect on various social networking sites like FACEBOOK ,TWITTER and MYSPACE.

I'm not quite sure if these activities make sense for my busy days and my career objectives.

Still, I don't want to slight folks in their invitations either.

If you are a fan of these marketing measures, send me an Email to let me know how they have worked for you and why you'd recommend them.

Maybe I'm missing out on something...
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Let's connect.

4 comments:

  1. My cousin, also an author, suggested I join FaceBook and I whined that I'm already on every other social networking site. I reluctantly took his advice, because he claims FB is the best site. I have never regretted it. FB is a great way to connect with many and to let others know what's going on in your writing world. I also joined Twitter, although it isn't as much fun.
    ~ Alice J. Wisler, author of RAIN SONG and HOW SWEET IT IS (Bethany House)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, Alice.

    I too dig Facebook!

    I'm still deciding about Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny: I was just going to ask you what your Twitter username is, Jennifer!

    Each medium has different strengths & purposes. I have some ideas for you & can share them when we talk.

    For now, will enjoy connecting w/you in FB,
    Marla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer Brown BanksFebruary 24, 2010 at 5:48 PM

    Still on the fence about Twitter. Would love to discuss ideas, though.:-)

    ReplyDelete