"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Pen & Prosper's 7th Annual Holiday Gift Guide!



"Tis the season to be jolly!" And I'm tickled pink to have you join me here again in 2022. Like many of you I'm sure, Xmas is one of my favorite times of the year. I must admit that this year will be bittersweet without my mom.  Still, there is much to be thankful for and embrace. 

I love the spirit, the food, the music, the Xmas movies, the holiday gatherings and the simple joy. I've been listening to the soulful sounds of Luther Vandross; singing along to Gwen Stefani's "Santa Baby"; and bouncing around to Mariah Carey's "All I want for Xmas is you."  Which I'm hoping will count as exercise, to burn off some of these season-related calories.

I've also indulged in a little shopping for gifts and goodies for friends. But, let's face it. Sometimes it becomes challenging to decide what to give to whom. Year after year. Particularly for the writer friends that exist on our lists. True?  

Not to worry; I've got you covered. In Pen & Prosper's 7th Annual Holiday Gift Guide, you'll get the input and suggestions of writers and creative folks from around the country. 

Pencils ready? Let's get started.

Oh yeah, please feel free to contribute your gift ideas (or wish list) in the comments section. Deal?

2022 XMAS GIFT SUGGESTIONS...


Jennifer Dotson shares: "I love my grid page notebook with the elastic strap over the cover for my poem drafts. There's nothing like paper for initial poem scribbling; more connected than typing on the computer."




Larry Mitchum
offers that a Stress Ball is the perfect gift during these difficult times. He recommends them for writers and folks in general. They can be purchased on Amazon in an array of colors and price points, he adds.


Karen Lange from Kentucky likes Amazon gift cards, journals, nice pens, chocolate, and teas for writers.

Jen here @ Pen & Prosper is convinced that today's writer would be thrilled with the recently released "I Love to Write Day" Journal. It's an enriching read with loads of creative prompts, motivational tips, and money-making ideas. Check out my tip # 17, as one of the contributors. 




Marcie @ Marciewrites.com recommends a chair massager and foot soaker for relaxation and rejuvenation. 





Gail@POETCOP


"Topping my list would be blank notebooks for journaling and a writer's desk lamp."


LILLIAN MITCHUM@ BLACK PLAYWRIGHTS INITIATIVE

"A pocket dictionary, designer pens and small notebooks for jotting down ideas."




Courtney Sholar from Chicago has a poetry book on her wish list. Maybe you do too. If so, may I suggest my new poetry collection "Ode to Toni Morrison?" 

Here's what a recent reviewer stated in a write up at Highland Park Poetry's website: "There is no dross in the poetry of Jennifer Brown Banks.  Direct, to-the-point, intelligent, and often witty, her poems speak to her experience and ours." 

Available at Amazon.com.


MORE GIFTS TO SCORE (OR MAKE)...

  • HERBAL TEAS
  • PAMPERING GIFT CERTIFICATES
  • MUSIC TO CREATE TO
  • CREATIVE GIFT BASKETS
  • AROMATHERAPY CANDLES

  • BAKED GOODS
  • A SUBSCRIPTION TO A WRITERS' MAGAZINE OR WRITERS' ORGANIZATION
Wrapping things up here...
Hopefully these collective suggestions and ideas will inspire and inform your next shopping trip for the holiday. 
Be safe and most importantly, be sure to be an educated consumer. Avoid online scams. Comparison shop. Research. Read reviews.

Have a great Xmas celebration! And be well.
I look forward to reconnecting In February, 2023 (God willing).

Warmly,
Jen

 

6 comments:

  1. Such a great list of ideas! These are wonderful items for year round gift giving too, so I'm bookmarking this. :) Thanks so much for compiling and sharing this list, Jen. Wishing you and your loved ones, as well as your readers a wonderful holiday season full of love, laughter, and wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, Just think of us as Santa's helpers. :-) So glad you liked. Wishing you the same! I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen, thank you for including my suggestion in this guide. These are all great ideas. Books, notebooks, journals and pens seem to be top gifts for writers, followed by tools for relaxation. I am going to keep teas and chocolates in mind for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marcie. May Santa grant all your wishes. Be well. :-)

      Delete
  4. Hello Jennifer, I definitely like the - Notebooks for Journaling - idea, we actually for example have a ('Christmas') Red Poppies Field Notebook photo that does well as you can read about in a recent post on my Writing Blog:

    http://hpshappywriting2.blogspot.com/2022/12/its-great-to-see-that-you-bought-our.html

    It also has a matching Pen ! ;)

    Happy Hollidays





    ReplyDelete