"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Friday, June 17, 2022

Announcements and Updates of Interest for June



Greetings, readers!

Well, it's official: summer is finally here in my neck of the woods. Don't know what happened to spring exactly, but we have had several days punctuated by heat advisory warnings. And I'm not loving it. But on a positive note...my rose bushes are so beautiful from all the sun now that they make me blush.

How about you? How are you handling the weather in your corner of the globe?

Today's post will be rather brief, as I prepare for a much needed vacation. Expect to see me again around August 17, 2022 (God willing).

ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR JUNE


JUNE IS BLACK MUSIC MONTH

There's no better time to tap into the soulful sounds of Motown music or classics by Nat King Cole. Or to even explore and discover some new artists on the scene. My personal recommendations are songs by H.E.R. and Muni Long. YouTube is a great place to start.

MY NEW BOOK IS SLATED TO BE RELEASED THIS SUMMER
It's entitled: How to turn your poetry into profit! Published by Cyberwit.net. 
Stay tuned for details.



LOOKING TO STAY BUSY THIS SUMMER AND PERHAPS CASH IN ON YOUR CREATIVITY?

Check out these 270 Best Writing Contests provided by Queryletter.com

https://www.queryletter.com/post/writing-contests-and-competitions

Well, that's a wrap, folks!

Wishing you a safe and super summer.

See you soon.




Image credits: Pixabay.com




 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info, Jen. Congrats on the upcoming book release! That's exciting. :)

    It's been very warm here in the last week or so, but I'm thankful we did have a nice spring with cool days and lots of sunshine. Hope things moderate in your area soon.

    Enjoy your break! Hope you enjoy a great birthday month, too, with celebrations and chocolate and all that good stuff. Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    I am definitely excited about recent publications and the opp to share my passions and help others! As for the weather? Not counting on anything consistent anytime soon. But, at least the heat is producing more yard and garage sales in my area. Yay! Happy to report that I purchased a few items recently that will enable me to be the "hostess with the mostess!" :-) And now that I have perfected my gelatin molds for summer, could world domination be far behind?! :-) lol
    Hugs back at ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up, haven't forgotten you. Congrats on your book. and thanks for the writer's info. I love summer. Enjoying every moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lin. Have enjoyed reading about your adorable grandkids @ your site as well. :-)

      Delete