For many, it's been a challenging year: work woes, health issues, money miseries, setbacks and sorrows.
Perhaps you're one of them.
If so, don't despair.
In the midst of the madness, there's so much to be thankful for.
In fact, a recent study conducted by Baylor University, reports that individuals that found more meaning in their lives felt a greater sense of satisfaction, and that having gratitude yields more happiness than "possessing" things.
Upon reflection, here are some of the things for which I give thanks, for 2015...in no particular order.
- Health---In the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Health is the greatest wealth."
- Home---It is indeed where the heart is.
- A spiritual foundation that sustains me during difficult times.
- Good Friends---Far and near
- Work that I love
- Good food
- Living in a free country
- The gift of creativity
- Simple pleasures---Like the perfect cup of tea, a good read, bubble baths, music, the joy of cooking
- A rich and diverse professional background
- Social interaction and associations with people of different age groups, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, and ethnicities---we learn from each other.
- A curious mind
- A broad knowledge base
- The Internet
- A grudge-free heart
- The escape provided by a good movie
- Retail therapy
- The laughter of little ones
...And for your readership and faithful follow!
My heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you.
As I will need time to recuperate from this massive spread I am planning for the holidays, Pen & Prosper will take a holiday break. Please join me on December 1st, as we wrap up the year on a high note, and plan for an awesome 2016!
You on board? :-)
What are you thankful for this season? Do tell.