Let's face it: for many of us, our Blogs are like our babies.
Think about it.
We "create" them. Nurture them. Ooh and Ahh over them. Delight in their growth.
And many times like proud parents, we even dote over them; sharing images of celebrations and milestones with our families, co-workers and friends.
...And, if we're lucky, we watch them mature and reach their full potential.
But, If we're not careful, rather than becoming a proud "addition" to our family of creative projects, they become all consuming and confining--leaving us irritable, sleep deprived, and stressed.
Are you guilty?
Take this quick quiz to find out.
- Do you plan your vacations so that you're not gone away from posting too long, or without adequate coverage?
- When you're on vacation, do you find that you can't fully disengage? In other words, you miss it, and it's constantly on your brain.
- Do you "monitor" your stats and comments several times a day?
- Do you sacrifice time and money to make sure that it is well provided for?
Here are a few things to keep in mind...
- You both need to have your own life with boundaries and limits.
- The fuller and more balanced your life is, the more you'll have to write about.
- Periodic breaks will allow you to regroup and refuel. Increasing the likelihood that you'll go the distance.
They say that confession is good for the soul.
So how about you...are you babysitting your Blog?