There I was. Bored out of my brain---sitting, toe-tapping and waiting in the doctor's office to be seen, that I actually started counting the number of floor tiles in my head, and contemplating what I would fix for dinner.
Why is it that it's a problem when we're late for our appointment, but they can see us whenever they get around to it? Hello? :-)
Anyhow, as I was sitting there, I had an epiphany of sorts.
Why not use the "down-time" time to keep up with my writing?
And a new post was born!
One of the biggest complaints I get from writers I coach and blogging buddies as well, is not having enough time to write. Perhaps the same holds true for you.
But, it is possible to pursue our creative dreams without a great investment of time and sweat equity.
It all depends upon our goals, lifestyle, and even our genre of writing.
For example, sometimes I can pen a short poem, slogan, or greeting card verse in a matter of minutes. With this in mind, here are a few creative ways to steal more time for writing in the months ahead...
A Dozen Ideas to Explore
1. While waiting at the Dr.'s office
2. While the kids are napping
3. Early in the morning before everyone wakes up and hits the floor
4. While grabbing a pedicure
5. Commuting by bus, train, or plane, (that you're not operating, of course)
6. While taking a bubble bath
7. On your lunch break at your 9 to 5
8. During periods of insomnia
9. While waiting for clothes to wash at the laundromat
10. When the kids are at school
11. At a boring party (be the "wallflower" with a cause)
12. While your kids are at a playdate
Thoughts? Which is your favorite? Any you'd like to add?