Now, on with the news...
- Acceptances---I recently discovered that I have two short motivational stories that are slated to be published in an anthology for women in March. Yay! Stay tuned for details.
- Guest Posting Opportunities---Have you heard? Two of the most popular sites for bloggers have decided to discontinue guest posts for 2013 and "focus on quality content". Yep, it's true. According to what I've read, PRO BLOGGER and DAILY BLOG TIPS, will no longer be accepting guest posts from bloggers, until further notice.
- For those of you still interested in using guest posting to increase your visibility and to "make friends and influence people," The Renegade Writer with Linda Formichelli, pays 50 bucks for accepted submissions.
- Online Classes---Seeking to hone your craft and increase your cash? Coffeehouseforwriters.com is your connection for all things creative. Popular, affordable classes are offered year-round for writers of all levels and genres. Register today at Coffeehouseforwriters.com.
- In the market for signs or business cards for promotional purposes? Signazon.com offers an array of products to suit your needs and great customer service to enhance your shopping experience. I recently ordered cards from their company, and was pleased when my merchandise arrived.
- March is Women's History Month---It's a great time for pitching stories and profiles honoring women of achievement. Or perhaps to feature blog posts from successful female bloggers or entrepreneurs. Be creative and courageous.
- Tax time is here. Make sure to have the necessary receipts and paperwork to avail yourselves to as many credits and deductions for which you are entitled as freelance professionals. Consult a qualified tax preparer for more details.
- Looking for "Contest Clues?"--- Author Wendy Burt shares a load of listings on her site here.
- Tech Issues---My apologies for any spam or formatting glitches. As much as I try, some things are unfortunately beyond my control.
- Black History Month---This month is Black History Month. I am honored and grateful to recognize the many contributions and services of African Americans, past and present.
- Blogging Break---Jen will not be "in" from March 1st-March 7th, to work on some important projects and spend some quality time with chocolates. :-)
That's it for today, folks. Have a great week.
Feel free to share any news you have, or comments as well.