"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Week End Updates!


Overwhelmed and under the weather, it's been a challenging week, folks.
Still, I'm happy to see the ushering in of September. I love fall. It's among my favorite seasons. How about you?
I dig the quieter pace, the cooler temperatures, the fall colors, the hint of romance.
It's more conducive to creativity too.

Well, enough of that. Before I become too pooped to post, I wanted to share these announcements for this week...

1. Cutie Keanu Reeves celebrates his 47th birthday, (according to what I've read).
As he is one of my favorites, had to give him a "shout-out"!

2. It's not too late! If you've been saying all year that you want to, (or need to) take a writing class to help to hone your craft and increase your cash, now's the time! Coffeehouseforwriters.com would love to have you pull up a "virtual chair" and sign up for the new line-up of fun, interactive online classes! Sessions are affordable and flexible. With a variety of "menu selections," there is something for writers of all levels and genres. Remember, as the saying goes, "You have to spend money to make money." Register today!

3. Pen and Prosper will be on break from September 5 to September 19th. Let's reconnect later and enjoy more guest posts, how-tos, reviews and interesting dialogue.

Until then, I'm wishing you and yours a safe holiday and wonderful weeks ahead!

XOXO
Jen

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are under the weather. I hope you feel better soon. Chamomile and honey help restore me to health when I have the sniffles.

    Happy birthday to K.R. He's like wine, that man.

    I love the fall, as well. The cooler temperatures and excuse to wear ankle boots with jeans make me a happy girl. Funny that you should mention the hint of romance swept in by autumn because I refer to mild and slightly breezy fall evenings as "perfect make-out weather." Lol. (My husband is presently shaking his head that I actually shared that with the blogosphere.)

    I look forward to my Coffeehouse for Writers class, commencing in October. Should be illuminating!

    Have a lovely and restful break.

    Smooches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Brown BanksSeptember 3, 2011 at 8:48 PM

    Janette,

    Always a pleasure...you are too funny, girl. :)

    About Keanu...two words: YOWSA, YOWSA!

    The boots? I like to sport tall, leather black ones with leggings or a skirt.

    I hope to feel better soon too, thanks so much! We look foward to having you join us for "Coffee" soon. :-)

    Be well, dearie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest and feel better, okay? Have a good break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer Brown BanksSeptember 5, 2011 at 5:12 AM

    Much thanks, Karen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer!
    I saw you over at Sibyl's and had to come and meet you! The name of your blog caught my attention right away and I loved what you said!
    I too LOVE the fall and get excited to see September rushing in! The energy is higher at this time of year than at any other, isn't it?!:-)
    It's nice to meet you!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer Brown BanksSeptember 7, 2011 at 7:11 AM

    Lori,

    How lovely to have you here--welcome! Sibyl is awesome, isn't she? :-)

    Thanks a bunch for stopping by, and more importantly, for joining my community.

    They're a great group. And you're amongst friends. :-)

    If time permits, please share a little about yourself.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer Brown BanksSeptember 7, 2011 at 7:14 AM

    Oh yeah, folks,

    ...I suppose I should probably mention that I have a brief quote and appearance at www.possibilityoftoday.com/
    If you get a chance, hop over and weigh in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete