Saturday, July 9, 2011
5 Ways to Get More Bang For Your Blog!
Whether you're blogging to make money or "make friends and influence people", the right approach can mean all the difference.
Without a doubt, certain tools and techniques will help to elevate your status in the Blogosphere, separate you from the pack, and take you from zero to hero!
In today's blogging environment, it's important to remember that we are competing for the attention of today's busy reader, with an array of choices and limited time.
To increase your blog following and decrease your bounce rate, here are a few tried and true methods to try your hand at.
5 Strategies to get more buzz (and bang) for your Blog:
1. Consider having a cute tagline or slogan for your blog and what it represents. It helps to become more memorable and furthers your branding. For example: Pen and Prosper is promoted as "Required reading for today's smart writer."
My blogging buddy Sibyl uses, "Live today better than yesterday."
You might use something like "the small blog with a big heart!" Get the idea?
People should know what your blog is about without having to spend 10 minutes navigating different sections of your site.
2. Provide variety. It is indeed the spice of life.
How? Have guest bloggers present different voices and viewpoints. Tackle controversial topics from time to time. Do interviews with other artists.
3. Post pictures that show other aspects of your life, or share a hobby that adds dimension to your online personality. Some time ago, I did a post about "Craft Therapy", where I shared and discussed how writers have other areas of creativity that allow them to unwind and express themselves through other gifts.
Like how many times singers might paint, or authors also sing. While I dig creating gift baskets. Anyhow, I ran that post on the weekend, and it was very popular!
4. Post on weekends. Although some see it as a kiss of death, in terms of traffic, it sometimes is a way of attracting new followers who are looking for fresh content at the end of a grueling work week.
5. Make it a point to share positive readers' comments and testimonials. Let's face it---we all think that our Blogs are hot spots, true? But it takes on a whole new meaning and new levels of awesomeness when others echo it.
Well folks, that's my story and I'm sticking with it...
What's yours? Agree or disagree?
Image Contributor Photostock