Tuesday, February 8, 2011
It's tax time again.
And what better reminder of the need to take inventory of where we're going and where we've been. In fact, audits are a great assessment tool for growth and reflection in other areas.
This realization brought to mind my blogging efforts. So I conducted one.
For educational and informational purposes, here's what my analysis revealed:
1. My followers doubled.
2. I spend an average of about 4-6 hours a week on posting.
3. Comparatively I need to spend more time commenting on some of my favorite blogs.
4. I guest posted at about the same rate for 2009 and 2010.
5. I need to schedule more guest posts for 2011.
6. Guest posts at my site in some instances generated more comments than my own. Which serves to support the theory that they're a good thing!
7. My Google Page Rank increased from "3" to a "4".
8. I landed 3 paid blogging gigs. One as a relationship blogger, two as a business blogger.
9. I tend to be a "lark" blogger. Most of my posting is done before 6:30 in the morning.
10. The weekends are when I get most of my new followers.
11. I love blogging, but need to be more mindful of the hours I log into the computer. :-)
12. I changed the theme and the blog description about 3X this year. Whadda' you think?
Well, that's it folks. How about you? What would yours say about your success and your blog status?