Sunday, October 17, 2010
Cat Got Your Tongue? 5 Cool Reasons to Leave Blog Comments
Whether it's for entertainment, enlightenment, or intrigue, most Bloggers and those who "consume" them, can attest that these popular "online journals" provide a certain value and enhancement to our online experiences. True?
In fact, if you're like I am, you check back regularly throughout the week to see what's up in the world of your favorite Blog hosts to gain wisdom from their words, support through their experiences, or perhaps even ideas to address in future posts.
In fact it can be a bit addictive like the soap operas. :-)
And with all that activity and enjoyment, it only stands to reason that you might want to give something back.
Because most bloggers share their time, talents and resources with us without charge or obligation. And you've gotta' admit that that's pretty cool!
Sure, time can sometimes be a factor, depending upon how many sites you visit on the regular. But a brief "pat on the back" will take less time than a commercial break. :-) Word!
With this in mind, here are 5 reasons to minimally leave comments at your "favorite" sites.
1. Because it's free! That's right it won't cost you nada, nilch, nuthin'.
2. Because it creates good karma! Really. Quite often I find that if I leave a thoughtful comment at some one else's site, they in turn leave one at mine. And so on and so on...
3. Because you can get "discovered"! I kid you not. Some of my favorite blogs that I enjoy today, I actually began "following" as a result of comments left at other sites. So make some noise!
4. Because it helps bloggers to decide the direction of their blogs. Yep. Comments help us to assess our most popular posts and topics, they help us to determine the best days and frequency of posts, and also the types of audiences we are attracting. So help us to help you by expressing your thoughts and preferences.
5. Because comments can help create traffic to your own site! Which provides a win-win situation for all!
And as an added bonus, you just might make someone's day!
Here's a case in point. Some time ago, I got a comment on one of my Blog posts that left me tickled pink! Of course I am ever-so-grateful for my growing list of followers, and related comments. But this was different...
"Your thoughts are amazing! I find what you write is inspiring."
It seems that a young lady by the name of "Katie", who is just a freshman in high school was reading regularly. Turns out that this cool kid wants to some day become a journalist, and she just wanted to let me know how much insight she was getting from my Blog! She even thanked me.
Get outta' here! I was so touched.
And I've read her Blog; she's pretty darn good already!
My point? We never know just who we might be influencing or elevating through our words.
Are you with me here?
Well, that's my "public service message" for today.
Do you agree or disagree with this position?
Leave a comment. Stand up and be counted! :-)
Image bk images