Sunday, May 30, 2010
May (HONORABLE) Mentions!
In my continuing efforts to help you know more and grow more, I'd like to highlight some blogs that I feel are bodacious and boast-worthy!
As I've mentioned before, I'm an avid reader, and hardly a day goes by that my nose is not buried in a book, or either I'm scouring the Net for my needed mental "fix".
First off, I'll start by stating what I think a "boast-worthy" blog is.
1. It's easy to navigate and conversational in tone.
2. It has an attractive design and layout.
3. The host is not just about "self-promotion", but also about adding real value to the blogging community. In other words, you leave knowing more than when you came, or you feel encouraged in your creative efforts.
4. It's well written and basically free of grammatical and spelling errors.
5. The content is clever and compelling; information is not "borrowed" from other sites, without proper attribution.
6. The posts are updated within a reasonable time frame.
Having established these qualifiers, here's who made Pen & Prosper's list for May...drum roll please...!
(Not in any particular order)
These bloggers stand tall in a sea of many!
1. Taking Time For Things That Matter--The title says it all. Janice Campbell does a stellar job of focusing on some important issues and topics that sometimes get lost in the day to day fray. Her site is like a one-stop-enhancement shop. Here you'll find things of interest on literacy, family, creativity, and divinity. You won't be disappointed.
2. The Parm Farm---Amy Parmenter, an award-winning journalist, did a guest post here some months ago, and I was impressed initially with her writing. Now, as a regular visitor at the Parm Farm, I am inspired not only with her writing style, honest approach and sense of humor, but also her commitment to social responsibility and the support of worthy causes. This blog is about personal and professional growth, and you'll find plenty of reflective posts that will help you pursue a more enlightened path.
3. At Live Well For Less, Nikola Hartmann helps today's busy woman to get more bang out of her buck, and live a life that's as rich as chocolate without the calories or guilt! Stop by and find posts on everything from saving money, to managing a home, to recipes, to reviews. She has an engaging and upbeat style about her writing that will make you a future fan for sure.
4. The Relaxed Writer---Marla Beck, Life and Creative Coach for writers, keeps readers on track with her helpful tips on time management, prioritization, and proper focus. She assists creative folks from all genres and levels to reach greater heights and enjoy more life balance.
Pen and Prosper would love your feedback on these females of today's focus, or any others that you feel fit the bill. Do share!
Image: Salvatore Vuono