"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Pen & Prosper Celebrates Black History Month With Featured Author Dr. Wilson-Cone

 

Good Morning, Dr. Wilson-Cone, it’s a pleasure to have you join us today. 

For the benefit of my readers, can you please share a little about your background and who you are?

Good day to you, I am a Certified Educator in the field of ministry which literally means I teach clergy persons how to be ministers in hospitals, churches, synagogues, mosques and all types of sacred spaces. I am certified by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education. I am also a Pastoral Counselor and founder of Cone’s Spiritual Counseling Center and recently selected as Pastor of First American Baptist Church here in Anchorage, Alaska. 

Enjoy reading, traveling and writing. Have a 7 year old Tibetan spaniel, Deacone is his name and that’s my only child.

Do you write everyday or as the “muse“ strikes?

I write everyday regarding my ministry and as the “muse” strikes regarding my publications which I am changing daily.

How would you describe your writing style?

Multicultural genre and Spiritual as well as uplifting



Please tell us about your book Multi-cultural Diversity. What was the inspiration behind it? What is the core message?

The inspiration behind my book Multicultural Diversity: Opening Our Hearts is to continue to claim first and foremost that I am a Multicultural Theorist in my daily work and teachings to my student chaplains and colleagues. This book’s core message is to open our hearts to have honest and critical conversations around the subject of multicultural in the area of sexism, classism, genderism, racism, etc.  

Since this is Black History Month, what recommendations would you have in terms of how we can best support Black authors? 

Lets’ support Black authors by assisting in providing a platform for our works to be read, heard, and acted upon. Let’s share in recommending publications and platforms such as spaces for speaking, presenting our works, films, podcast, radio and TV interviews, etc. 


What would you consider your creative “super-power”?

My creative “super-power” is empowering others to be the BEST that they have been created to be and becoming on a daily evolving basis by shining their light and being transformed in the here-and-now.

What one tip would you give to aspiring writers today?

One tip I would give is “STAY FOCUSED.”

What would it surprise others to know about you?

There is a shy side to me. 

Anything else you’d like to share?



Thanks for the opportunity to share today and feel free to connect at patriciawilsoncone@att.net 


Learn more at her website:

https://menshisstorymonth.org/






Image credits: M.L.K. PAINTING--Henry Jones

Book covers-- author's website

Question mark-- Pixabay.com

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the interview. I particularly like Dr. Wilson-Cone's super power. I embrace her philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Lin. We appreciate your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful interview, and thank you to both participants. Dr. Wilson-Cone is an inspiration to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer thanks for this opportunity. Dr Sterne and Linda your comments are motivating me to stay on the journey. Peace shalom shalom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. Wilson-Cone,

    A pleasure to "meet" you and share your inspiring journey. Wishing you love and light.

    ReplyDelete