I hope you're enjoying a fabulous fall, steeped in abundant blessings.
Here's the 4-1-1 for what's happening in October, along with items of interest.
AWARENESS MONTH ACTIVITIES
When most of us think about days of observance for October, what typically comes to mind are the Halloween and Columbus Day holidays. True?
But did you know...
- That October is designated as National Chili Month? That's right! What a great time to whip up something hearty, warm and delicious for the cooler weather and the sports season. (Go Cubs!) :-)The possibilities are endless. Chili dogs, Chili dips, Vegetarian Chili, 4-alarm Chili. It even makes a great theme for a party or pot-luck gathering. Be creative here!
- October is also Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Statistics show that 1 in 4 women will be impacted by domestic violence in her lifetime. There are many ways to advocate, donate, and learn more about organizations and activities purposed to help those who have been victimized. You'll find an array of helpful resources and literature at www.inamaegreene.org.
- Writers Digest is a popular, paying market that accepts articles and essays on the writing life. The publication considers both queries and full manuscripts. For their guidelines, visit their site at Writers Digest.com.
- Want to share your story of inspiration to help others and make a difference? Having Time.com seeks submissions of 600-1200 words for their readership devoted to personal growth and motivation. See details here: http://www.havingtime.com/submit-post/
- Effective December 1st, Pen and Prosper becomes a paying market. Just a reminder that I will pay for guest posts here, at a starting rate of ten dollars. You'll discover more about why I decided to move in this direction at my recent post over at Wow! Though ten bucks won't put a dent in your mortgage, it's my way of thanking you for your time and contributions. And minimally, it can help to replenish that chocolate stash! Interested? Get in touch at Gemsjen@yahoo.com
- Writing-World.com will be shutting down its newsletter in December, and is no longer accepting submissions via their website.
- My blogging buddy Karen @ Write Now is sponsoring a fun book give-away at her site. Check out the details provided here: http://karenelange.blogspot.com/
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES FOR THE WEEK
" Nothing is impossible to a willing heart."---John Heywood
"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body."--- Richard Steele
"No legacy is so rich as honesty."---William Shakespeare
Pen and Prosper will take a brief vacation break. Please join me for more tips, tools, and techniques to enhance your career and your blogging experience, when I return on November 2, 2015.
Feel free to stay in touch in the interim. Leave comments and questions; you know I always love to hear from you. I'll be checking in periodically.
Have a safe, fun-filled Halloween!