Monday, February 11, 2013
A Valentine's Day Tribute** A Love Letter to my Readers...
Okay, so I know that some of you are not really into P.D.A. (Public displays of affection), but allow me this one indulgence. J
We typically associate Valentine’s Day with romantic lovers.
It’s a time that celebrates couples that have committed to each other through words and actions, and honors their union.
It’s a special day of Hallmark cards, red roses, sweet chocolates, and heart-felt expressions.
And it serves as a reminder that we need to not take that love for granted, if we want to keep it.
Love needs to be nurtured and acknowledged.
But, you must admit that there are many forms of love. True?
With this in mind, I thought that it would be a “sweet” idea to take a break from the usual posts here, and pay tribute to you, my dearest readers, for February 14th.
In the words of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways…”
1. I love that many of you have been loyal supporters throughout the years. You’ve been with me through good times and bad, through learning curves and trial and error, through formatting issues and glitches, in sickness and in health. Like romantic love, we’ve truly “grown” together.
2. I love that you “woo” me with your comments. Blogging by nature is intended to be interactive. Don’t you just hate feeling “unheard”? Me too. Your Blog comments help me to feel “heard”. They allow me to know your thoughts, to determine the direction of future posts. They challenge my way of thinking, affirm my beliefs, and broaden my knowledge base. Like romantic love, give and take is important.
3. I love that you make time for us. There are so many other things you could be doing when you visit. So many other blogs that beckon. Some of you read me on weekends. Some of you check in late at night when the house is quiet, and you have a little alone time. Some of you never miss a week of commenting and connecting. Heck, some of you even read me at work, when you’re not even on break. LOL Don’t worry your secret is safe. Like romantic love, quality time is important.
4. I love that we encourage each other. On days when editors’ harsh words forget that there’s a human being behind that rejected submission, you keep me going. Sometimes I laugh at our lives as writers, or relate to an “inside joke” that only those of us that have chosen this path would understand. Like romantic love, support is important.
5. I love that we show respect. Even though we may not always agree, I truly appreciate that you allow me to speak my mind and be who I am. And I follow suit as well. Like romantic love, opposites often attract. :-)
I could go on and on here, but I fear more “mush” might only embarrass you. :-) I merely want you to know, that this Valentine’s Day, I send these words of love out into the universe, to say thank you for all you do. Each and every one of you.
I appreciate your readership, your support, your time, and your confidence. (And I should mention, your guest posts as well.)
Whether you’re a new follower, or one of my long-time regulars, I look forward to spending more time together in days to come!
Like romantic love, you’re just my type. :-)
Pen and Prosper