"Required reading" for today's smart writer.

"Required reading" for today's smart writer.
Information & inspiration to hone your craft and increase your cash...Since 2009

Monday, November 15, 2010

The "Top Dogs" in Blogs!


It's back! As most of my regular followers are aware, I typically devote a monthly mention to blogs that have caught my eye and captured my attention by standing out boldly in the blogosphere.
The criteria? I'm glad you asked...

For me it's typically a combination of quality content, regular updates, attractive design, an identifiable focus, and an interesting personality behind the person posting.

Many times I tend to focus on writing-related blogs in my niche, but not always. As they say, "variety is the spice of life."

So, kick back with your brew of choice and allow me to present my favorite picks. I'm sure they'll soon become favorites of yours too. Happy reading!

1. Blogging Bookshelf From my first visit, I was intrigued by the info and the engaging style of Tristan, who's the author. Here he combines seven years of blogging with information, tools, tips, and techniques culled from many sources. His approach is creative and unique. Be sure to read "Newton's 3 Laws of Blogging" and tell me what you think.

2. The Writer's Manifesto Blog Besides having a stunning design, this site boasts quality articles on an array of topics and writing jobs to boot.

3. Dumb Little Man You gotta' love the title--right? For me that was the original draw. Then I became stuck like Velcro as I read the great content and admired the style of Jay White. Whom I assure you is anything but dumb.

4. A Year of Slow Cooking is a hot spot in every since of the word! As mentioned before, I'm a "foodie" and I rather dig discovering new recipes and time-saving devices in the kitchen. Stephanie has a really unusual and interesting concept as she chronicles her experiences with crock-pot living. And from what I've read crock pot cooking is healthier than frying and baking. Need I say more?

5. Procrastinating Writers Blog As the name implies, this site is for those creative individuals that tend to put things off, and delay, and make excuses, and...well you know who you are. :-) You're certain to find support and suggestions here that will help you to be more productive and proactive!

6. Diary of a Mad Freelancer Princess is true "royalty" on the blogger's scene. She refers to herself as P.S., and she's absolutely hilarious and fun to read no matter what topic she tackles.

Have you heard of any of these? Do you know any other blogs that are boast-worthy? Feel free to let me know what's on your mind.

Image:Federico Stevanin

8 comments:

  1. Am familiar with the Writers Manifesto Blog but none of the others. I will definitely become a fan of Procrastinating Writers Blog because I've perfected procrastinating to art form! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great plug, Jennifer! I'm glad you like my blog! It's brand new and it's feedback like yours that really gets me excited and makes me work harder. So I really, really appreciate it!

    And thanks for pointing me to the other blogs, too. I'm not familiar with them, but I've opened them all in new tabs in my browser here and I'm off to check them out as soon as I press "Post Comment."

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorting through the many, many blogs out there can be daunting and time-consuming. So thank you for throwing us a bone. (Ha ha...the best dog reference I could come up with to circle back to your dog theme. I'm not funny.) I appreciate you pointing out blogs containing quality--not to mention interesting!--content. I will check out each of these recommended sites now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer Brown BanksNovember 16, 2010 at 3:54 AM

    Yvonne,

    ...Always good to hear from you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tristan,

    Welcome! What a pleasant surprise...how did you find us so quickly? :-)Glad to count you among my top picks for November. Much continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janette!

    Actually the "bone" reference was very clever. :-) I hope you enjoy your experience at the other sites. Thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer,
    Thank you so much for thinking of me and for mentioning my slow cooker blog. I am having such a ball with this project and am thrilled to be of any help to busy people in the kitchen.
    xoxo steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer Brown BanksDecember 5, 2010 at 6:03 PM

    Stephanie,

    You're welcome. I'm definitely on good terms with my crock pot. :-) Much continued success!

    ReplyDelete